Sunday, August 19, 2007

Trip to Niamey

Hello all!

Well in case you don't know yet, I arrived in Niger safe and sound. We have been training for about 3 weeks which entails pretty much language and culture classes. I am learning Hausa and it is pretty challenging but nothing i can't handle. There is so much to get adjusted to but the sky and land are so vast....it seems like they both go on forever...it's like nothing I've seen in the States.

This past weekend we got to go into Niamey and now we can start trekking here on our own which is nice. Sometimes it feels like they are a little overprotective of us at the training site so it's nice to gain a little independence.

Hope all is well, and keep the letters coming. Internet is really touch and go here. Thank you to everyone who has written so far and had me in their thoughts, it means so much. I love and miss you all!! Peace!!!

Sommer

2 comments:

NIGER1.COM said...

Hello Sommer I manage the website about Nigr in english
www.niger1.com/niger.html
I was in Philadelphia saying goodbye to the peace corps who were living for Niger in july 24 th i don t know if you were among them anyway i would like to correspond with someone in Niger
specially a foreigner so we can exchange emails
and may be i can mention what you are doing in Niger at this time
if you have a phone number i can contact you there
can you email me at niger1.com@Gmail.com

Lindsey said...

Hey Baby!

I am so proud of you! and hella jealous, you had better believe. =) Glad you that you are going through intense cultural and language classes, how long does this part start? how many are there of you? Questions, questions =)

I love you!