Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Ghana, do i have to leave?

So it's my last day in Ghana and I must say it is going to be very hard to leave this place. So far this has been the little america of west africa. It is so developed here and I didn't realize how much I missed that. Things are good, and I have met some locals who have been incredibly nice...not to mention people speak english here rather than french and that has been so much easier. I don't actually have to translate in my head what i want to say before i say it. Ghana won their match against Nigeria so the streets were crazy that night. Think mardis gras but without girls flashing. Anyhow, I leave tomorrow and have a long bus ride ahead of me, but I feel refreshed and definitely miss things about village life. Will write when I get back to Niger...

No comments: